Teo Chew Soy Sauce Braised Chicken Pot
Soy sauce chicken makes a great centerpiece of a multi-course Chinese meal. This classic dark soy sauce chicken, which is slow-braised over low fire in an aromatic stew of spices and dark soy sauce is perfect served with a bowl of steamed rice.
It is Chinese home cooking at its best. To us, this is comfort food.
Ingredients: Chicken, Tau Kee, Tang Hoon, Soy Sauce, Oyster Sauce, Shao Xing Wine, Star Anise, Cinnamon, Dark Soy Sauce, Ginger, Shiitake Mushroom, Water
Shelf life: 3 months
COOKING METHOD 1
- Defrost and thaw overnight.
- Place in pot brings to boil.
- Once all ingredient is well heat up, ready to serve.
COOKING METHOD 2
- Bring a pot of water.
- Remove seal from the container, place sealed vacuum items into hot water, off the fire.
- Let it sit in the water bath for 20 – 25 minutes.